Average Particle Size Analyzer |
The Average Particle Size Analyzer has a simple, fast and reliable technique for measuring average particle size. This measurement can not be easily achieved by any other technique. Combined with the innovation of automatic viscosity flow controller for precisely regulating the flow permeability, the instrument can be used for measuring A wide range of powder, including surface area with only a few grams of material per square meter.
The instrument accurately measures flow rate of gas through the sample as a function of deferential pressure, calculates the envelope surface area, and uses these results to compute average fiber diameter. The envelope surface area is the external particle surface area that sees flow of gas through the sample. The envelope surface area is obtained from the flow rate and pressure drop using the Carman-Kozeny relation (Gerard Kraus, J.W. Ross and L.A. Girifalco, Surface Area Analysis by Means of Gas Flow Methods. I. Steady State Flow in Porous Media, Phys. Chem., V330-333). The average fiber diameter is obtained from the envelope surface area using the following equation: D = 6 / S ρ
where D is the average fiber diameter, S is the envelope surface area per unit mass of the powder, and ρ is the true density of the powder.
Providing the user with an average particle diameter measurement in less than five minutes, the main application is quality control. Samples tested include pharmaceutical powders, electrode components, ceramic powders, chemical powders, metallic powders, and other porous substances.
The instrument is utilized for this function in several industries, such as:
· Chemical and Mineral • Fuel Cell • Battery
· Powder Metallurgy • Pharmaceuticals • Ceramic
· Uses nitrogen or other noncorrosive gases; no expensive gas mixtures required
· Windows-based software handles all control, measurement, data collection, and report generation; manual control also possible
· Compatible with Windows 95 or higher
· Real-time graphical test display depicts testing status and results throughout operation
· Nondestructive testing
· Length of test approximately 5 minutes
· Wide range of acceptable sample types and sizes
· Minimal maintenance required
||Nitrogen or any non-corrosive gas
|Pressure transducer range
|Mass flow controller range
||7" H x 17" W x 17" D